Sunday, September 4, 2016

TQT Object: Italian Espresso Coffee Pot from Milan

In this occasional series of articles, The Quirky Traveller Object is something I’ve brought back from my travels over many years. It usually has a strong personal meaning and invariably brings back happy memories of the wonderful people and places I have visited around the world.

Italian Espresso Coffee Pot from Milan

Bialetti espresso coffee pot - zoedawes

It was the colour that attracted me. The shiny red coffee pot stood out from the other coffee makers on the shelf in the tiny hardware shop in a quiet suburb in Milan. I was staying with a fellow Travel blogger Simon Falvo, in her cosy Milanese apartment just down the road from the shop. Every morning we had a cup of coffee and a croissant at the little cafe next door before heading off into the city centre to look round.

Milan caffes - collage zoedawes

We spent a lovely afternoon exploring the city centre around Il Duomo, Milan’s dramatic Cathedral. The Piazza is a lively place with tourists rubbing shoulders with locals, admiring the architecture and taking selfies in front of the cathedral’s ornate facade. We wandered through the gorgeous Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, its Romanesque decor home to luxury brands like Prada, Versace, Armani and Louis Vuitton. The cafes and bars were busy with people sipping Campari or coffee, chatting and watching the world go by.

Camparino in Galleria Milan - zoedawes

When I told Simon I wanted to get an espresso coffee maker to take home she said the shop nearby sold them. She recommended the Bialetti pot as it’s easy to use and a classic style. That red pot was crying out to be mine, so I handed over the 35 Euros and the elderly shop-owner wrapped it up in brown paper. Simon gave a me a packet of Lavazza Coffee for a genuine taste of Italy.

for Italian Espresso Coffee Pot - zoedawes

As soon as I got back home I made myself a little cup of rich, dark, strong Italian memories. Every day when I heat the pot up on the stove, hear the water bubbling away and smell the espresso coffee I remember one of the most interesting cities in Italy, friendship and relaxing in the sunshine.

Pin It!

Italian Espresso Coffee Pot - Pinterest

You can read more about Milan and a very quirky building here.

The post TQT Object: Italian Espresso Coffee Pot from Milan appeared first on The Quirky Traveller Blog.



from The Quirky Traveller Blog http://ift.tt/2bVSuCj

No comments:

Post a Comment